“Poker tells” are indications or signs that your opponent is showing unknowingly when he has a certain hand (good or bad). Usually those tells are based on psychological indications who can reveal a poker player. Poker tells can be divided into two sections: Online tells and Offline tells.
- In Limit Texas Hold’em a fast call within a board that has flush or straight draw potential can be a good indicator that this player needs one more card.
- In Limit Texas Hold’em a fast raise after the flop usually is a sign for having top pair.
- Usually when an online poker player takes himself more time for his next move and then makes a raise it’s less likely that he is bluffing.
- Somebody who is raising preflop all the time, even with medium strong hands is being on Tilt.
- If an inexperienced player puts his cards in front of his mouth then this usually means that he has a strong hand.
- If an poker player is reaching for his drink way too often it’s also a sign of being nervous.
- If a weak player keeps looking at you, generally it means he is bluffing.
- Once a poker player starts to count his chips right after the flop, then he likely has a very strong hand.