Girl Topper Playing Cards Luck  - AdinaVoicu / Pixabay

Risk and Yield

Poker players like to take a risk, but only if they know that the risk is worth it.

Good poker players know how much money they can use for playing poker and how much money they need for everyday life.

Good poker players are basically somewhat risk-averse, that is, they don’t like too much risk. There are also players willing to take risks and risk-neutral players. For a venturesome poker player the yield may be smaller then the risk. For a risk-neutral player the yield must be equal to the risk. And for a risk-averse player, the yield must be greater than the risk!

Poker Cards Card Game Ace Play  - Rollstein / Pixabay

When you play poker, then each dollar should have the same value for yourself. You should just focus on making the right decision. If you for example buy in a 0.10-0.25 blinds table and there is a 52% chance for you to double your money, then you should take the risk, even if there is a 48% chance to lose your money.

Generally one should be risk-averse, so you always have a few chips left to play the next day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *